New Window Installs

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
kevinzak

New Window Installs

#1 Post by kevinzak »

I am getting new windows put into an existing wall with a brick exterior. i was wondering what a good price estimate would be for the Western NY area? windows will be (2) double hung 36x72. also will be replacing an exterior door with a sliding glass door (will need to widen opening and raise about 8 - 10 inches). in terms of quality for the windows, on a good-better-best scale, would prefer better or best quality. had one estimate yesterday for close to $7000 for triple pane "best" quality wondows (aluminum reinforced vinyl windows, mixed inert gasses, the whole 9 yards)

thanks

kevinzak

#2 Post by kevinzak »

also..there is a local place that advertises that they use these brands: "SEAWAY, SUNRISE, ANDERSEN, SOFT-LITE, THERMAL INDUSTRIES, HURD AND PELLA WINDOWS"

obviously andersen and pella are well known, has anyone used the others? are there brands i should stay away from?

thanks in advance

kevinzak

#3 Post by kevinzak »

bump

anyone have any info i could use?

earwax

#4 Post by earwax »

do a site search on this web site ofr info on all the different brands. I think you will find some info on them.

kevinzak

#5 Post by kevinzak »

i'm curious as to what kind of pricing i should expect for this job. assuming i go with average to better than average windows, how much should i expect to spend? i got one quote that was a bit high IMO.

InfoSponge

#6 Post by InfoSponge »

Without knowing the sizes and styles of your doors, you won't be able to get a good estimate on pricing here. Sliding doors can run from $800 for very low end stuff to many thousands for large 4-panel sliders, etc. Lower mid range to higher end vinyl 5-6 foot sliding doors will run $1000-$3500 depending on the brand/size, etc. Mid range to high end vinyl windows will usually run $400 - $750 per window, depending on the options, install, warranty, location, etc. The best way to get a feel for the prices in your area for the quality you are looking for is to get a couple of competitive bids or ask friends. If possible, visit a showroom or home show that has a few brands and note the pricing.