West Coast Simonton Prices

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
BillyBob_jcv

West Coast Simonton Prices

#1 Post by BillyBob_jcv »

I just received a quote on 5 horizontal slider windows & 2 patio doors. I have (2) 6'x5', (2) 5'x5', (1) 5'x3' and (2) 6' patio doors. The windows would all be retrofit Simonton 7500 and the patio doors are new construction Simonton. I was quoted $6000 including all the exterior stucco repair & other installation goodies except paint. The dealer is the largest window & door shop in town, and the only Simonton dealer. I'm planning to get a Milgard quote from another dealer. Milgard has a plant about 40 miles away, and EVERYONE around here sells Milgard. I think I prefer the look of the Simonton retrofits, but I'd also be happy with Milgard.

What do you think? Is this a resonable price for Southern California? Any reason I should prefer Simonton or Milgard?

earwax

#2 Post by earwax »

Both are good windows. 6000 istalled seems a bit high for a retrofit window install of 5 windows and 2 doors. Are they taking the stucco out and installing new construction?

kris

#3 Post by kris »

Simonton is a nicer looking window compared to either milgard styleline or the classic. Even site lines, super spacer, double strength glass and a slimmer frame profile when retrofitting makes the Simonton a better choice.
the meeting rail and frame profiles of the milgard classic is too wide, single strength glass and old intercept spacer.

BillyBob_jcv

#4 Post by BillyBob_jcv »

earwax wrote:Both are good windows. 6000 istalled seems a bit high for a retrofit window install of 5 windows and 2 doors. Are they taking the stucco out and installing new construction?
The windows are retrofit, but the patio doors are new construction with stucco repair & new moldings on the interior. The $6000 was a verbal, the actual written quote (it was just faxed to me) was $5200, and also included having one of the windows tinted ("240" glass?) in the family room to (supposedly) help cut down on TV glare.

The dealer seemed to say all the right things about the installation (based on everything I have learned here!). As far as I can tell, the only costs not included in the quote were for pulling permits and painting.

I am in the process of getting add'l quotes for comparison.

Door&WindowPlus

#5 Post by Door&WindowPlus »

I sell the Simonton 7500 Series in Southern California for:
$4500 for Interceptor
$4800 for White Super Spacer

$6000 was way too high came down to $5200 so it's a good price for Superspace white.