Question for Bill in NJ/Quotes on replacement windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Spartans1399

Question for Bill in NJ/Quotes on replacement windows

#1 Post by Spartans1399 »

I have received 3 quotes and was hoping some people could help me decide which windows to go with. I am replacing 21 double hung windows plus 2 picture windows. My quotes are:

Kaytec (also known as Farley windows) : 7,350 includes aluminum casings. I am not sure if they are the 200 or 300 series, I have a call into them.

Ellison 1600 series: 7,600 includes aluminum casings

Vision windows: 8,300 includes aluminum casings

The Vision has the best U factor at .32 (versus .48 for the others), but so far I like the Ellison a little bit better. The Kaytec does not have constant force, the other 2 do.

Does anyone have any feelings about any of these three windows? Should I keep looking or are any of these three windows good (and the prices reasonable?

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Spartans1399:

I’m sorry but I can’t be of much help here the only window I have seen on your list is the Farley and that was about 7 years ago when I was in a lumber yard in Vermont. I was not overly impressed at the time but the company has changed ownership and they could have added windows to their line since then

I wish Mass Window Guy was still here; he knew what was available in New England.

Good Luck,
Bill

Spartans1399

#3 Post by Spartans1399 »

Ok, thanks for letting me know.