Shuco Windows Installation

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
PBRes

Shuco Windows Installation

#1 Post by PBRes »

I got shuco windows installed today and have few questions.
1. One sashes has kind of black material (TPS spacer) material? Inside the window frame in a corner area. I think is more of aesthetic. I don't know if its presence indicates if the spacer seal is broken.

2. The installer has put a new window capping. Prior to the Shuco windows I had wood windows and each window had the capping and a metal strip (I have aluminum sidings) which comes out of the siding at the top of the window and run over the capping. I think its purpose was to run the water over the capping so that the water doesn't get into the upper edge of the window capping. That strip is missing in the new installation. Should "I ask them to put it back?

3. They caulked outside and inside along the trim. Is inside caulking really needed?

The windows look terrific and we are happy with its look and functionality.

PBRes

Shuco Installation

#2 Post by PBRes »

The metal strip that I referred is actually the window head flashing. I don't no why the installer didn't put it back. Is n't it required to avoid water leaking ?