Schuco Window Questions

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
amathew

Schuco Window Questions

#1 Post by amathew »

I got the Shuco windows installed and have few questions and wondering if somebody could answer it.

One of the tilt-in sash latches does not slide smoothly and it is hard to slide in order to tilt that sash and it doesn't have any spring action (i.e. it doesn't automatically pull back when released). Can I fix it myself or the installer can just fix the latch alone or the entire sash needs to be replaced.

Some window glasses has minor blemishes like a small dot depression (You can feel the depression when you run your finger over it). It is very small and would the glass be compromised because of it?

What chemical to use to clean the glasses? I see moisture in rectangle shapes outside of the window. It think moisture is collecting in there because of the glasses were not cleaned properly where labels were stuck

What chemicals to use to clean the vinyl part of the window?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Schuco Window Questions

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

To answer your questions:
The tilt in latch is easily replaced by the installer so you'll need to tell them. They should have one in stock in their parts kit.

The small dot depression will not compromise the glass. If it is in a very obvious place and it bothers you, again talk to your dealer and they can order a new sash.

Schuco has just started using some new stickers that are a pain for trying to clean the glass. The old ones came off very easily but these seem to leave a glue residue. A razor blade and some goo-gone followed by glass cleaner should do it.
As far as the frames, soft scrub works well as do many other household cleaners. Just don't use a heavy abrasive.

amathew

#3 Post by amathew »

Thank you so much, window4U. I have another issue with the night vent latch. Most of them I can easily slide open. One of it - I had to really break my nail tip to open and once it was opened it was very smooth to slide it. I have two more of it which are kind of stuck and I am wondering if there is an easy way of opening them or should I get this latch replaced too.

Delaware Mike

#4 Post by Delaware Mike »

How about that new glue. I thought it was just me being a nut spending so much time cleaning the windows with scrapers. I heard that they got it from NASA?

Paneless

#5 Post by Paneless »

Call the dealer you bought them from and have them fix it.

There you have it!