Ugghh....Installation woes

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jdk1

Ugghh....Installation woes

#1 Post by jdk1 »

Hi guys....Don't know where to start. We chose this company after interviewing about 7 contractors/companies. This company supposedly manufactures and installs their own windows (although, the window doesn't say their name & a sub-contractor installed them). I am located in NJ and the window company is out of NY. So, the first 4 windows (3 double-hung with a circletop over the middle DH) were installed in the MB on the second floor. Most work was done inside. Contractor was not willing to talk to me nor would he listen to my questions. The windows went in after the framing was capped in aluminum. Big gaps were present, no insulation or foam was used....just caulk. Next, the capping looks like a 2 year old did it, especially over the curved part of the circle-top. Just pathetic. In fact, I spent most of yesterday re-doing some of the caulk job. Same crap with the bottom 3 windows. No insulation, etc. Planning on calling the company...most importantly the installation mgr. They should be embarrassed. Any feedback? I mean, do I have a case with them?

randy

#2 Post by randy »

Of course you have a reason to be upset. You should tell them not to replace any more windows, until they go back and redo the ones that they have already installed. Let them know that you expect the windows to be insulated around the perimeter and that the trim work and caulking had better look like a professional did it.

You have every right to expect your money's worth.