Schuco and Vista Quotes: Are these good deals?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
buckeye

Schuco and Vista Quotes: Are these good deals?

#1 Post by buckeye »

I have a quote for 12 double hung windows (all between 85 and 95 UI) of $7,100 for white Schuco triple pane and $6,550 for Vista Panorama triple pane in tan. This is in the Columbus, Ohio area. Are either or both good deals?

Pjd58

#2 Post by Pjd58 »

I just had 20 Vista Panorama windows installed .....16 Double-Hung (90-105 UI) and 4 picture windows, Columbus area. I paid approx $400.00 per window (8K). My windows are Double-Pane, Argon & SuperSpacers. I didn't feel Triple-pane was necessary in Columbus. You're paying $140.00 more per window for triple-pane. Is the cost in Energy savings worth additional $1680.00??....IMO...... No.

Schucco is a better window, but Vista makes good Mid-range window.

If you are going to stay in your home for many years and want triple-pane, I would spend 600 more for the Schuco windows, $37.00 more per window for Schuco is worth it. I'm very happy with my Vista windows.

buckeye

#3 Post by buckeye »

Thanks for your input. Who installed your windows? I'm looking at triple pane primarily because I'm close to railroad tracks and I'm trying to cut down noise.

Paneless

#4 Post by Paneless »

No question, Schuco is the way to go.

InfoSponge

#5 Post by InfoSponge »

If it is in your budget, consider laminated glass to cut down on noise even more than what triple pane alone would provide. Or you can consider laminated glass only on the windows facing the tracks, to help some without the cost of a full upgrade. The additional cost can be significant depending on the brand, markup, etc., but it is worth asking about and getting a quote on.