MILGARD Mastri and Tuscany

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
MDwinshopper

MILGARD Mastri and Tuscany

#1 Post by MDwinshopper »

I'm currently in the market for vinyl replacement windows in Baltimore, MD. A local contractor has quoted me on Milgard Mastri and Tuscany series of windows. The Tuscany quote is slightly less than the Mastri. Milgard has limited info (no specs) on the Mastri on their website but I can't find anything about their Tuscany series anywhere. The dealer had a one-page ad sheet on the Tuscany but it doesn't list any specs (U-factor, SHGC, etc). Has anyone had any experience with either window? I tried calling Milgard a few times and they acknowledged the existence of the both series but never got back to me with additional info. I've narrowed my choices down to one of the Milgard's or a Thermal Industries window rebranded for a local company (I believe it's in their DH500 series). Is $5500 reasonable for 10 windows installed and capped replacing aluminum frame in brick? All Low-E/Argon/col grids. thanks for any input!

USNAT1NC1RET

#2 Post by USNAT1NC1RET »

I just switched from selling the Milgard line. I actually have milgard in my house, all double hungs and a picture window. I bought them long before i started selling them. Not a bad window, at least the double hung but there are so many more out there that are better quality for the same money. The rest of their line leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. I am looking at a couple of different window lines right now. Milgard's Mastri is not even made by Milgard. And in my opinion, it is not worth the money they are selling it for.

The glass packs are quality, i will give them that.

As for the price....when you say metal frames in brick, what is coming out, a metal framed window? Does it have a metal pan? Does your brick house have lyntils above the window?