5 window quote

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
drs24

5 window quote

#1 Post by drs24 »

Got a quote of 1700.00 for 5 Alside Ultramaxx windows (33*50), does any know what the window cost is?

Is 1700.00 a good quote?

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

At 1,700 for five windows.... does it really matter what the window cost is? Nobody can say it's a good quote without knowing about the installation... but it is a cheap quote. Might be big differences there.

drs24

#3 Post by drs24 »

Installation is from inside, includes removal of molding, removal of old windows and storm windows, disposal of old, installation of new window, caulking and installing of molding and prep molding for paint.

Reason for window cost is I am trying to establish labor cost. I belive the window list around $230.00 leaving labor cost of around 100.00 per window whcih I think is fare.

windowmannjny

#4 Post by windowmannjny »

if you like the window and you feel the price is fair to you, stop trying to figure out how much his labor and be happy that you found something you can accept. too many homeowners just think its about the time that an installer spends in front of the opening doing the actual install, there is a lot of work before the actual "labor" part not to mention insurance, warranty, ordering process, travel time, loading/unloading small material cost(coil, caulk, etc.) gasoline...i can go on and on. A good window from a company that does a good job that lasts a long time is, as master-card says is...priceless

researcher

#5 Post by researcher »

[quote="windowmannjny"] Too many homeowners just think its about the time that an installer spends in front of the opening doing the actual install, there is a lot of work before the actual "labor" part not to mention insurance, warranty, ordering process, travel time, loading/unloading small material cost(coil, caulk, etc.) gasoline...i can go on and on. A good window from a company that does a good job that lasts a long time is, as master-card says is...priceless[/quote]

So very true.