Sugarcreek Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Rabs

Sugarcreek Windows

#1 Post by Rabs »

I have received a quote for 18 Sugarcreek Integra series 200, double pane low e, windows at approx. $400 per window installed. The window seems like a decent quality window. Does anyone have any comments on the quality of this window? I am comparing it to a window made by AMI(a division of Alside) which cost about $500 per window and I don't see any big differences. Sugarcreek offers the window with a spiral balance or a compound tension balance. The contractor said he likes the spiral balance because it is adjustable, however the compound tension balance seems like a better system. Any comments would be appreciated.

HoleInTheWall

#2 Post by HoleInTheWall »

Bump!
I wonder about Sugarcreek windows too, because a lot of installers in this area (No. VA / DC / MD) seem to use them. There isn't much info on this board about them yet, though. Why are they used so much--are they high-quality, or do they let installers have a big mark-up? (Or a little of both?)

Rabs

#3 Post by Rabs »

HoleInTheWall,

I looked at alot of windows and for the money they seem to be a great window. I am having them installed in mid-November, I will let you know how it goes. The thing I liked the most was that the company has been around for a long time and they have about the best warranty that I could find. Everybody on this site seems to only discuss a couple of manufactures so it's hard to get much information.

HoleInTheWall

#4 Post by HoleInTheWall »

Thanks for the info, Rabs. Good luck with the install!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#5 Post by Window4U (IL) »

These windows are available to many window dealers because they are the same company as Precision Door, who many window dealers use for their doors. If you are a dealer for the doors, you have access to the windows.

The window is a basic mid-grade window, though the window does have Superspacer ...which sets it apart from the scores of vinyl clone windows out there that would otherwise be indistinguishable from it if not for this spacer upgrade.
It's a decent window for it's price range.