Gorell or Sunrise?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
netmouse

Gorell or Sunrise?

#1 Post by netmouse »

My choice seems down to two local companies that have been around a while. both windows look great for mid-line vinyl replacement. I'm getting 11 double hung replacement vinyl with two pane energy star (argon / low-e). both installers will insulate the weight pockets. both say labor warranted - both for install and any window repair - for as long as I live in house.

1. installer has Gorell - 5300 series. $7000. installer says they use special architectural seal and the windows never need re-caulking - and caulk line is not visible on outside. manufacturer says "proprietary" constant force balance system. ordinary sounding low-e with argon. foam wrap around window. meeting rail interlock lock sashes together for a better seal.

2. installer has Sunrise - with their ultra u plus glass with argon. $5000. Says caulked outside with silicon caulk that never needs re-caulking and inside latex caulking to allow paint. block and tackle balance system - manufacturer claims better than constant force. says they are triple weather-stripped (it seems there is not any meeting rail or other interlock). brochure has best u and r numbers, and air infiltration, but not much better.

Considering their "claims" are any telling tall tales? Any comments on who to go with or window mfg advantage?

windowmannjny

#2 Post by windowmannjny »

i am a big fan of the Gorell 5300 line, can you explain the job particulars a little better than just price

windowmannjny

#3 Post by windowmannjny »

sorry you did i just missed it... does sound a little high for 5300 w/ double glass and argon, ask if you can get triple with krypton for that price and you will be more than satisfied for many years to come, he may ask you to pay a little more but it shouldnt be much for this upgrade from what he originally quoted

netmouse

#4 Post by netmouse »

This is in New Jersey. The Gorell installer quoted $12000 for triple pane.

windowmannjny

#5 Post by windowmannjny »

the company i know for Gorell in jersey would be significantly less than 11K, which is ridiculus. i dont know where you are in jersey but if i can help e-mail at jbsb123@comcast.net and i will give you their #