Vista Vs. Schuco

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jenD

Vista Vs. Schuco

#1 Post by jenD »

Ok I'm pretty sure we're going to pick the Schucos but I want to see what everyone else thinks. Here are the specs:

Details: 13 Windows, 3 over 101 Unified inches, All double hung

VISTA-Panorama
R5 rating
Triple Pane
Half Screen
Flat Colonial Grids
Low e2
Argon
Intercept spacer
Lifetime Warranty on intallation, frame and glass
Installer has been in business over 20 years
$6695

Schuco-Corona Series
R9 rating
Triple Pane
Half Screen
Flat colonial grids
Low e3
Krypton
TPS spacer
Lifetime Warranty on installation, frame and glass
$6955

Your opinions please! Thanks!

Jen

randy

#2 Post by randy »

If the installation is comparable, Schuco is the better value for the prices indicated.

jenD

Installation included

#3 Post by jenD »

Those prices include installation! :D

usmarine0352

#4 Post by usmarine0352 »

Don't just look at the R-Value.

Look at the U-Value too. The lower the number the better (like golf). And you want a .22 or lower.

Also, don't forget, an INITIAL U-Value might be good.....but some windows dissipate gas over time, and shortly there U-Value is NOT as good as it once was.

windowman pa

Great Price!

#5 Post by windowman pa »

Your price works out at $535.00 per unit :D A very goooood price for schuoc's :)

a2dox

Re: Vista Vs. Schuco

#6 Post by a2dox »

That looks like a great price for Schuco. We compared Vista and Schuco (both from the same installer), and would have picked the Schuco except they were much more expensive. Our Vista quote was similar to yours, but the quote for Schuco was $3000 more. So if you can get Schucos that cheap, go for it!

jenD

Location and U factor

#7 Post by jenD »

We're near Baltimore MD and the U factor is a .22 for Schuco's. I don't remember Vistas. It sounds like we have a good deal with the Schucos. Thanks for all of you help and advice!

Jen

MDwinshopper

#8 Post by MDwinshopper »

I'm currently shopping for vinyl replacements in the Baltimore area. Can you share where you got the quote on the Schuco's from?

jenD

Maryland Schuco Dealer

#9 Post by jenD »

Hi! We got our quote (we've since signed a contract) for our Schuco's from Bob Haire with American All Season Sunrooms. His number is 301-540-2555. Make sure you ask for him because he's the owner (not just a salesman) and he will give you the best price. Tell him you heard about him from Mike and Jen D. in Glen Burnie. We will have our new windows installed by Thanksgiving and I can't wait! Right now we have the crappiest builder windows known to man. Good luck!

JenD