Schuco Quote (Fair price?)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
greg53089

Schuco Quote (Fair price?)

#1 Post by greg53089 »

I just got a Schuco quotation for replacing a set of windows on my house (tripple glaze, krypton)

The existing windows on my north wall are leaking and I know there is severe damage under the window. The living room has a 14 foot ceiling. The main window is 84x70 (two crankouts w/ solid center, the window is divided into thirds).
Above this window, there is another window 84x35 this is stationary divided into 1/3 sections as well. (I suppose it is considered 3 separate windows 25x35 tied together in one opening). All have grids and are light oak.

The quote i got was for $4600 for the pair of windows including the repair to the wall below the large window and the foot or so between the lower and upper window. The repair work includes removing all rotted wood and repairing the opening as well as replacing the drywall. I have cedar on the outside that they will replace as well as necessary.

Any idea if this seems okay? I had another quote for a competitor at $5600 for double pane argon.

I appreciate any feedback.[/img]