Shuco/Sunrise installer in Southern Connecticut

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
chrisexv6

#16 Post by chrisexv6 »

I dont think they said relative per-se, but they did mention they were close (good friends, maybe friends of family? something like that). In fact, the installer came out to measure our windows, complimented the guy that did our siding then it turns out he's friends with the guy that installed our siding. Small world I guess!

Im surprised about the price difference with the double pane (are you sure it wasnt 250.00 *total* difference?) If we went double pane with argon fill, it was about the same price as everyone else (12K or so). Upgrading to triple/krypton brought the price up about 2K, but that was on 18 windows, so per window the difference was less than half what they were quoting you ($111.00 or so)

Im not so convinced the price couldnt have gotten better if I tried to play hard ball, but the sales guy was honest and bypassed some of the demo when I asked, so I figured they deserved what little extra they could eek out. They didnt mention the gutter system though, Id start another thread about that (one of the pros around here suggested 2 systems, Im not sure if 1 of them is what BC is installing).

Good luck.

-Chris