What beats a schuco Corona 4000?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
wordly

What beats a schuco Corona 4000?

#1 Post by wordly »

Any thoughts?

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

In a vinyl window... nothing... or I would carry it and promote it. Now.. toss a serious six figure design consultation budget my way.. and I could slap it down like a bug as I know it's strong and weak points. Any deep-pocket manufacturer takers????

JScott

#3 Post by JScott »

There are many windows that beat the 4000 on many levels. You need to specifically indicate what level. SDL options, warranty, paintability, glass performance, sound control, asethics, etc... Overall, it is a hard window to beat, but it can be done. Our job on this board is to educate and be educated and help out consumers. Your question bothers me in its vagueness. What car is better than a Bentley Continental?

FenEx

#4 Post by FenEx »

JScott

Please tell me one vinyl window that beat the 4000 on many levels? You will get an occasional feature, or individual number that may be better, but all things compared, I'm yet to find one. I stipulated in a vinyl. Please share, as it was the original question asked by the poster. I'll use the following criteria as it applies to most window buyers.
-Appearance, clean and smooth fusion welds, attractive glazing beads
-U-factors around .20 or better
-Air Infiltration of .02 or better
-Edge-Deleted seals
-Vacuum fills for insulating gas (95% or better)
-DP ratings of 65 or better
-Lifetime, transferrable warranty from a 2 Billion+ company
-TPS seals, dual
-Steel lift rails
-Heavy extruded screen frames, not roll-form

OK.. we'll just start with these. Please pick the closest competitor and compare. Convince me with facts, and I will switch brands.

Paintability is maintenance, and not feature "most" want. Wood interior finishes, SDLs, internal blinds... yes these are occasionally requested, but as for the integral characteristics of a vinyl window, please let me know what window beats it on an overall score. As some think I work for Schuco, which I do not, or think I promote it because it's what I can get, you are wrong. I sell it because it's the best vinyl window I can find... plain and simple, and who would want to offer less than the best they know of unless their business model is based on price-point.

JScott

#5 Post by JScott »

You like the Bentley too I see.