Entry Doors

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lmiller

Entry Doors

#1 Post by lmiller »

As part of my window replacement, I replacing two sliders and my front door. They are recommending Masonite Steel Entry doors. Does anyone know what is the difference between the High-Definition and Utility Steel door is? Also the High-Definition steel entry door comes with either Wood Edge (5 yr warrenty) or Steel-Edge (15 year warranty) construction. What's the difference and is one significantly better than the other.

I mentioned before but will say again what a great help this forum has proven to be. Thanks to all.

PK

#2 Post by PK »

Masonite steel entry doors are the crap they sell at home depot. Guaranteed to dent ding and rust for the life of your home. I'd go with a fiberglass door anyday

Guy

#3 Post by Guy »

The utility door is usually a bit cheaper than the high def door. The utility door has a thinner skin and usually comes single bored for a lock. It also doesn't come with an adjustable threshold. This door will usually dent if you look at it. The High Definition door is a much better door for the house and the utility door is better for the shed or garage.