Synergy, Simonton, or Kensington

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
nj window buyer

Synergy, Simonton, or Kensington

#1 Post by nj window buyer »

• Synergy R-value 4.25
    Simonton R-value 4.00
    Kensington Huntington Model R-value 9.00
What do you thing of the windows listed above?

I know the Kensington window is way different than Synergy and Simonton but is it worth it.

All the prices that I am getting seem high but since I dont know what windows are really going for price wise.

Please advise.

Thank you in advance for any help you may have.

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

There is no such thing as an R-9 window; the salesman making that claim is quoting the center of the glass R factor an area about the size of quarter. This sales approach is very misleading.

Focus on the U factor that will be about .20 - .23 for a high quality double hung with a triple pane glass system.

The 9800 double hung from Simonton with the triple pane system has a U-Factor of .22 that will = an R-Factor of 4.545

Bill

windowmannjny

#3 Post by windowmannjny »

i am sorry to read that you are having this much trouble picking a good window company to perform your work. i think that you are being mis-lead by salesman that dont really know what they are quoting for what they are selling. i tried to advise you on your last set of posts but i guess i couldnt help. if you could tell me what your budget is, maybe i can direct you towards a good match you can use e-mail if you should feel more comfortable or this forum would be fine

nj window buyer

#4 Post by nj window buyer »

I want to spend about 3500-4500 on windows. (that is what is in our budget) But I also want a good window.

I feel that they are trying to take advantage of a woman.

Thank you all for your help.

windowmannjny

#5 Post by windowmannjny »

you want to spend 3500-4500 for 9 double hungs, 1 picture window, and 5 sliders, is this correct? post me your job specs as best you can, i dont want to see anyone take advantage of a woman as you put it

nj window buyer

#6 Post by nj window buyer »

9 Double-Hungs
6 awning
3 picture

Above is are the windows I am looking for as for the sizes I will post them tonight.

Thank you for all your help.

Deb

nj window buyer

Sizes

#7 Post by nj window buyer »

Big Kitchen
  • window: whole opening 24 h x 92 l (broken down in 1/4 - 2 awnings and 1 picture)

Kitchen window: 2 DH 45h x 29L

Big Dinning room window: whole opening 24 h x 92 l (broken down in 1/4 -2 awnings and 1 picture)

Family room window: whole opening 52 h x 132 l (broken down in 1/4 - 2 DH and 1 picture)

Bed rooms: 3 -DH 44h x 36l

Master Bed: 2 DH 45h x 30l

Master bed bath: awning 23 x23

Main bath: awning 45h x 36l

5 basement (only buying 2 we have the others we want them installed)

Thanks for your help

tah

#8 Post by tah »

So.....18 windows at a budget of $3500 ~ $4500, right?

Therefore $194 ~ $250 per window installed price?

Don't mean to be rude, but you need to forget about any quality at these prices. Even Window World is higher than your budget and their "quality' which is the subject of many threads here is suspect at best.

Zoeman02

SOS Gorell vs Schucco

#9 Post by Zoeman02 »

Advice greatly appreciated...I'm looking to replace all the windows in my house (16 DH) along with 1 awning and 1 large Transom rectangle shaped window 5 to 6 foot. I had been pricing vinyl replacement windows and was deciding between Schucco 4000 triple pane with Krypton ($15,600.00 price quote) or Gorell 5500 triple pane with Krypton ($9,500.00) price quote. One big concern I have with Gorell is their “Intercept spacer” compared with Schucco's TPS spacer. I plan on staying in this home for the next 25 years plus. Is Schucco worth an additional $6,000???

Now a whole new monkey wrench has been thrown into the mix. Since I am also replacing my aluminum siding with vinyl, several contractors have now strongly recommended that I install "new construction windows" versus just replacement windows. I realize this is going to add some to the cost, but all in all it does make more sense correct???

What is the BEST brand for new construction windows that has the BEST spacer? (Spacer is something to truly be concerned about correct?) I want triple pane with Krypton and I need to have an idea of what to expect for an installation price for double hungs per window? (Is triple pane with Krypton really the way to go if I’m going to stay in this house for 20-25 plus years?) I live in Buffalo, NY…Brrr

I have read many reviews on this discussion board and now feel I should look into the Simonton 9800 series. Is this window comparable to Schucco and what price can I expect for a double hung Simonton 9800 series upgraded with triple pane/krypton and Superspacer? (Too bad there is not some baseline price list to add options and get a honest feel for the price of a window.) Should I no longer even consider the Gorell 5305 series just because of their Intercept Spacer? I have a direct Gorell distributor that can provide me with their product for several hundred dollars less per window than Schucco. Except for the spacers how does Gorell compare to Simonton and how does Simonton compare to Schucco? I want the best window and just need to know if there is anything that really is apples to apples for less to the Schucco product. If I'm going to only pay say $100.00 less per window for Simonton 9800 series, than I would consider paying the Schucco price, but the Gorell 5305 is $350 plus less than Schucco. So, do I go with Gorell, Schucco or now look into Simonton. How do all of these compare when considering replacements or new construction or are there better new construction windows out there that I'm not aware of??? Any advice is greatly welcomed and appreciated.