Available Simonton Models in Colorado

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
BMC

Available Simonton Models in Colorado

#1 Post by BMC »

Hi All:

Your input is greatly appreciated in this matter. I live in Colorado (Denver area), and the windows that contractors have presented to me from Simonton have been the 5050, 5300, and 5500 (aside from HD's private label 6500). I am heavily leaning toward hiring a person who's business it is to install the windows (he'll buy them for me, but he charges only for labor and the cost of the materials). The other contractors, including this installer whom I'm considering, tell me that the highest end window available is the 5500 Reflections model. I don't have the impression that he's trying to "hide" any other models from me.

Anyone know if other models I'm seeing (i.e. 7500, 9800, etc.) advertised and/or mentioned online are available in this area? It seems as if the models shown available on the Simonton website differ from those offered in the local building supply warehouse, and I'm confused. My installer uses ABC Supply Co., so perhaps that influences what models can be ordered? If these other models are available, what are their advantages compared to the 5500, which I was quoted for? This installer is a significant savings from any of the other companies who have separate install crews, and means the difference between being able to outfit only half of or all of our home with replacement windows. I'm leaning toward this option since it will allow me a greater choice in windows as well as allow me to afford a higher end window. Many thanks for your time and input.

BMC

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Here are the lines available from Colorado to the east coast.
http://www.simonton.com/homeowner/produ ... n=2&bhcp=1

The west coast has a different set of window lines.
http://www.simonton.com/homeowner/produ ... n=3&bhcp=1