AUGH! So many window companies so little time!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
cjw1510

AUGH! So many window companies so little time!

#1 Post by cjw1510 »

I am just starting to look at window replacement for my 70 year old house with its original windows. I am overwhelmed by the number of different window manufacturers and while I understand how to evaluate energy efficiency, things like 'fusion welded frames' or tps spacers are like a foreign language!!!

Is there a single source that I can go to that will tell me the options I should look for to make sure that I am getting the best for my money? Or a comparison of product features beyond efficiency....

or should I just invite a bunch of installers into my home for their 2 hour sales pitches and window samples and try to learn from them?

HELP!!

Thanks!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Spend a couple hours here reading the archives, then go to this site's sister site http://www.replacement-windows.com/windowbb/index.php and do the same.....you'll be knowledgeable enough to open your own window business in no time.....or you will be even more confused than you are now. (either scenario could happen.)

cjw1510

AUGH So many windows....

#3 Post by cjw1510 »

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, I was hoping there was a single reference I could go to.....I guess I have to do the reading..thanks for the reply.....