Need Help Getting Window in New York!!!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Supremeone

Need Help Getting Window in New York!!!

#1 Post by Supremeone »

its nearly winter time and I want to get a window that'll keep my room warmer. Right now its like I have a single pane window I think. Anyways, at my local Home Depot they have low-e type insulated windows, but I'm not sure how high of quality they are. My dad bought one from there and said it was Low-e glass but when I touched the surface of the window even with the heat on it still felt cold.

I hear Milgard windows are some of the best for insulation. And that if its 20 degrees outside it'll be 60 deg inside the window so must work better. Only problem is the manufactoring companies are on the West Coast and milgard.com doesn't sell them. They had a list of dealers if you put in your zip code but they said mine was invalid :( So I have no clue how to go about shopping for Milgard windows or other similar windows. Any ideas?

Supremeone

#2 Post by Supremeone »

Anyone? Also this was the window my dad bought for other rooms. Like I said not sure how it stacks up against milgard or other brands. They also sell some Anderson's windows that use low-e4 coating which I hear is e2 coating, which should be better than the American Craftman window which just uses plain low-e. I'm just looking to see if Anderson's or Milgard are good enough to be worth purchasing over American Craftman windows.

http://homedepot.bighammersoftware.com/ ... 0f0a6f7f47

Supremeone

#3 Post by Supremeone »

So just in case it wasn't clear these were my 2 questions:

1. Are there any dealers that sell Milgard windows to New York and if so where? Couldn't seem to find any.

2. Is Anderson's windows worth the extra $80 or so, over the American Craftman window?