Abcleads.com BBB Business Review  NAHB member
Call us at
1-800-219-5332

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Information to ask for on quotes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:36 am 

I've been getting quotes for replacing the windows in my house with vinyl windows. The quotes have very little info beyond window sizes and the price. What other info should I ask for? Manufacturer, model, warranty info?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:14 pm 

For an initial quote, things can be a little lax with maybe just approx sizes, model, options, install/haul included, etc.

For a final contract, I'd ask for the exact brand, model, and options for each window, exact sizes, approx lead time and install date, method of install, approx # days/hours to install, any included exterior wrapping of windows, any interior trim replacement required, who is in charge of debris removal/cleaning, disposal of old windows, that it includes insulating the window gaps, etc. If you have examined the work of a specific install crew, you can also request that crew. In most cases all of the above don't end up being necessary, but it never hurts to get things in writing, just in case...