For all those who sell Schuco windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
WindowCustomer

For all those who sell Schuco windows

#1 Post by WindowCustomer »

Gentlemen,

I am a frustrated homeowner who is interested in replacing his windows.
After spending much time on this site (and its sister site), you've convinced me that Shuco windows are the best.

I'd like to get some prices on replacing the windows in my home. (I live in Maryland). However, when I called a Schuco distributor in Virginia, he told me that Schuco's regional rep told him he wasn't allowed to sell to me. I could only go through the Maryland distributor. This is a recent development.

Now, in a VERY small way, I can understand their excuse of "we don't want to tread on someone else's territory". However, I liken this situation to wanting to buy a particular automobile, but then the car manufacturer tells you that you can only buy it from a single dealership. (You're at their mercy for whatever price they decide to charge you).

I'm going to be spending several thousand dollars on this, and don't appreciate having only one price/distributor to consider.

My question is this -- are there any distributors in the states surrounding Maryland who would be interested in selling me Schuco windows? I understand that it might be some distance for you. However, I want to replace between 20 and 24 windows, 2 sliding glass doors, and a front door, so I'm hoping that'd be a sufficiently large order to make it worth your while. Plus (because my impression is that these windows are of such quality) I'm imagining that you'd only have to come out twice -- once for measurements, and once for installation.

Is anyone out there who can help? If so, please reply with some contact information.

reggieb14

#2 Post by reggieb14 »

I live in Maryland and called the Window Man in Fairfax, VA. They have no problem working with me. Not sure why the other vendor said he couldn't work with you.