DC, MD, VA area dealer/installer reference needed

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
novice

DC, MD, VA area dealer/installer reference needed

#1 Post by novice »

Hi,
I am about to replace a few windows and two sliding doors in my house in Maryland and I have read a lot of good comments about Schuco windows on this forum.
DC area homeowners, what is your experience with local Schuco dealers or installers? I’ve seen a couple of positive posts about a dealer in FairFax. Have the installation gone smoothly? Any service comments so far? Are Schuco doors as good as the windows?

Thanks. Alex.

cjw1510

Schuco and The Window Man

#2 Post by cjw1510 »

I was looking at Schuco and Softlite - I know, 2 different classes of window. Anyway the price for the Softlite, as quoted by The Window Man in Fairfax, was about $100 more per window than a quote I got from another installer!!! The other installer was a contractor with no salespeople or showroom but good reviews in Checkbook. I know that there is more overhead with The Window Man but $100 a window????

novice

#3 Post by novice »

Thanks for the reply. I have signed the contract with The Window Man but they are backing up; I will provide details later when the exact reason is known. Meanwhile, are you pleased with the contractor you have choosen and can I have his phone number? Thanks