Schuco Corona 4000 vs Great Lakes Seabrooke windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
pas1

Schuco Corona 4000 vs Great Lakes Seabrooke windows

#1 Post by pas1 »

Help. I am deciding between quotes from two companies on 11 double hung windows and 1 patio slider. The co's and windows are Schuco Corona 4000 vs Great lakes Seabrooke (comparable to Sunrise) windows. Both include agron gas filled double-pane windows.
- price of Great Lakes Seabrooke = $7,400
- price of Schuco Corona 4000 = $7,000
I NEED to know by tonight when the contract recision ends for the contract I signed with the Great lakes window installer...Help, anyone out there who knows these windows that can help me decide??? Is there much of a difference between these 2 windows that I should be concerned about signing with Great Lakes Seabrooke? Which is the better window?
InfoSponge or Windowman - are u out there?
Thank you!
:?

InfoSponge

#2 Post by InfoSponge »

You'd probably be happy with either window, but that is a great price on the Schuco windows/door (they sell around here for about $100+ more per normal DH/slider). If you feel the install quality, warranty/service, and included taxes/options are comparable, I'd have a hard time not going with Schuco for that price. They are giving you a good enough price you might also ask about triple pane, since it should only add a few hundred dollars to the total.

pas1

Schuco Corona 4000 vs Great Lakes Seabrooke

#3 Post by pas1 »

Thank for your reply. U had given me advice a few days ago. Regardless of price, if it were u, wich one would u choose?
Also, how r Schuco patio sliders?
Thanks again!
Paul