Clicking noise from Gorell Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jimmy v

Clicking noise from Gorell Windows

#1 Post by jimmy v »

I got new Gorrell vinyl windoes and I noticed at night when I am in bed, I hear a clicking noise from the lower corner of the windows. I opened the window and held the screen thinking the wind might be blowing it, but still hear it.

Any suggestions?

XSleeper

#2 Post by XSleeper »

I don't think their weep holes have flappers on them... so the only other thing I could think of is that maybe there are some vinyl scraps caught inside the masterframe that might be moving around inside the frame when the wind blows into the weep holes. Try putting a piece of tape over the weep holes (temporarily!!!) just to diagnose whether that is where the sound is coming from.

jimmy v

#3 Post by jimmy v »

thanks!

What are weep holes and where do I find them?

XSleeper

#4 Post by XSleeper »

On the outside of your windows near the bottom left and right sides, you should see 2 rectangle shaped holes. These are the weep holes, which allow any water inside the frame to harmlessly escape.

jimmy v

#5 Post by jimmy v »

I iwll look first thing in the morning. Should there be flappers on the holes and should I get them back out here to place flappers in there are on?

Assuming it is vinyl stuck on the inside, do they need to remove teh window to clean it out?

XSleeper

#6 Post by XSleeper »

Some companies use flappers on their weep holes, but as I mentioned, I don't believe Gorell does. They are not necessary since, if I recall correctly, Gorell uses a different type of weep hole, smaller with open cell fiber inside.

Not sure what the solution may be. Not even sure that's what it is.

windowmannjny

#7 Post by windowmannjny »

gorell does not use the "flappers" on there weephole