Replacement Windows in Minnesota (Twin Cities Area)

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
lamazion

Replacement Windows in Minnesota (Twin Cities Area)

#1 Post by lamazion »

I'm looking to do some replacement windows in the next couple months and could use some feedback. Two quotes so far at $7800 and $8700 for 13 windows including several casement and one large picture. The two are from Window Concepts (Republic windows) and Home Depot (Simonton windows) respectively. My concerns are:

Republic seems to be having some financial trouble and will they be around for any issues

Home Depot uses sub contractors for installation and can be hit or miss for workmanship.

Any thoughts on these two options or suggestions of others? Thanks!

Oberon

#2 Post by Oberon »

Wondering where Guy is?

lamazion, Guy is a replacement contractor in Minneapolis - hopefully he will stop in and see your post.

WindDoze

#3 Post by WindDoze »

Of the two, Simonton is by far a better built window and a more stable company. HD sells the Simonton 5500. You can find companies in the TC that sell Simonton's Impressions 9800, which is Simonton's premium window -- that has a few options that the 5500 doesn't have. The price between the two is usually in the same ballpark, especially if you have a HD quote and the Impressions guy is aggressive. :wink:

Casements are going to be more, on average per opening than DHs. Its hard to comment on the price, without more info about sizes and number of lites each casement has.

lamazion

#4 Post by lamazion »

Ok, I went to see more samples of the Window Concepts (republic) window. I did not like the fit and finish of the window they were using, so it's off the list. Just got a quote for Lindsay windows. The windows were a little nicer than the Simonton from HD, but they were also going to cost a couple hundred more. We also will get a quote on Schuco tonight.

Anyone have opinions on Lindsay windows?

WindDoze

#5 Post by WindDoze »

I'm sure you'll be impressed with the Schuco. Compared to the windows you've mentioned so far there really isn't a comparison. IMHO. :wink: