Quote for Simonton Prism Platinum Windows: Too High?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rye

Quote for Simonton Prism Platinum Windows: Too High?

#1 Post by rye »

I was quoted for 11 Simonton Prism Platinum windows without super spacer and without glass thickness upgrade. Is this quote too high? It's from who the local Norandex distribution plant sent me to.

Here are my window specs:

QTY. 3; W= 74 1/4" ; H= 38" ; TYPE=(slider)
QTY. 2; W= 74 1/4" ; H= 50 3/4" ; TYPE=(slider)
QTY. 1; W= 60" ; H= 63 1/2" ; TYPE=(48.5" slider w/ 15" transom on top)
QTY. 3; W= 37" ; H= 50 1/2" ; TYPE=(slider)
QTY. 1; W= 25" ; H= 38 1/2" ; TYPE=(double hung)
QTY. 1; W= 36 3/4" ; H= 38 1/2" ; TYPE=(double hung)

TOTAL: 11 windows

Cost for install plus windows: $6600

Is this too high? Are Reflections 5500 any cheaper? Should I go with those?

oceanengineer

#2 Post by oceanengineer »

If you search through the previous posts you will find a lot of info on Simonton windows. The 5500 and the Prism Platinum windows are about as identical as windows can get - from what I have gathered they are pretty much the same window - the Prism is exclusive to Norandex Reynolds - the warranty is also slightly different.

I have also emailed customer support at Simonton with questions and they have been very good at providing me with info and literature that was more detailed than what I received from the contractors.

I would suggest you get a few quotes to help determine the price to pay for windows installed - based on what I am paying for windows (Prism Platinum with Superspacer) and the size of the windows I am having installed indicates that it may be higher than other quotes you may get.

Skydawggy

Re: Quote for Simonton Prism Platinum Windows: Too High?

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

rye wrote:I was quoted for 11 Simonton Prism Platinum windows without super spacer and without glass thickness upgrade. Is this quote too high? It's from who the local Norandex distribution plant sent me to.

Here are my window specs:

QTY. 3; W= 74 1/4" ; H= 38" ; TYPE=(slider)
QTY. 2; W= 74 1/4" ; H= 50 3/4" ; TYPE=(slider)
QTY. 1; W= 60" ; H= 63 1/2" ; TYPE=(48.5" slider w/ 15" transom on top)
QTY. 3; W= 37" ; H= 50 1/2" ; TYPE=(slider)
QTY. 1; W= 25" ; H= 38 1/2" ; TYPE=(double hung)
QTY. 1; W= 36 3/4" ; H= 38 1/2" ; TYPE=(double hung)

TOTAL: 11 windows

Cost for install plus windows: $6600

Is this too high? Are Reflections 5500 any cheaper? Should I go with those?
The first 6 windows are over 101 UI so there is an upcharge for larger windows and the labor to install them. Do the windows have grids in them? Is there anything unusual about the removal or installation ie. metal windows rotted wood etc.?

I don't think your prices are out of line. I would recommend you upgrade the glass to at least double strength. I would also suggest you go with 3 section sliders for the 5 largest windows.