Traco Power ll windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
JTXX

Traco Power ll windows

#1 Post by JTXX »

Can anyone provide me with information on the Traco Power ll window. This window has an aluminum exterior and a vinyl interior. Is this a good performing window? Where would it rate in comparison to a top grade vinyl replacement window? The reason it appeals to me is the narow frame and sash which inturn provide a large glass area. Additionally you can have one color on the exterior and a diferent color on the interior.

Paul Tillson

I don't know your answer but I was intrigued

#2 Post by Paul Tillson »

by the product also. I am leaning towards an aluminum window as a replacement and have seen these on the web. I know the company has a good reputation but I don't know about these windows so I will be watching this thread closely.

Traco is just getting started in Dallas so they won't give me any info.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

The window is a mechanically fastened window with vinyl interior and aluminum exterior. (The look of the window reminds me of the aluminum windows we installed in the 70's)
Because of the aluminum exterior which makes up 50% of the window, the window does not quite match the energy efficiency ratings of normal vinyl windows with the same glass package.
For example, even with a Heat Mirror/krypton package which would normally bring the window down to the low .2's, the P2 with the same glass will only be in the range of a .27 (which still isn't that bad I suppose)

If you have color issues and need dark bronze, blue, green, or red windows, this window may fit the bill for you. It is expensive though. If you just need white, tan, or clay colored windows then other products offer better alternatives.