Alenco vinyl windows out of business in Colorado

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
carolj

Alenco vinyl windows out of business in Colorado

#1 Post by carolj »

Has anyone else had issues with alenco windows and condensation in a house built in or around 2000-2001 in Colorado? Reliant Building Products were responsible and went out of business. These windows have 10 year warranties and there is an address to send claims to in Bryan Texas. Sent several letters since last October and haven't heard a word. At a loss of where to go from here.... help!

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Alenco is still in business. They are owned by Plygem, one of the largest companies in the business. You must mean a distributor went out of business, right?

Alenco can be reached at: 979-779-1051 I'm sure they will send you the appropriate warranty items, especially considering who owns them.
http://www.alenco.com

carolj

#3 Post by carolj »

Thanks for the information, but I tried that # already. Alenco at 979-779-1051 claims they cannot help me. They did write a letter to the P.O. Box # address: Reliant P.O. Box 4007 Bryan, TX 77805 with their stationary hoping it would catch their eye as my letters have not months ago - but STILL no reply. Alenco is alive and well in Texas, but not Colorado and that distributor (Reliant) is out of business as July 2000. Any other ideas? Thanks.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Well, I hate to say it but you're probably out of luck.
Plygem just bought them a couple months ago, which I'm sure nixes any chance of them covering products made by another company that went out of business in 2000.

The good news if any is that any local glass shop can order in and install new IG units into your existing windows at not too much of a cost. All they need to do is measure the glass width, height, and thickness.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

My understanding is that Alenco filed bankruptcy two or three years ago, and voided any warranties. They reopened as Alenco and, as Window4U said, were bought out by Plygem.

There are many, many Alenco windows here in Texas, and the failure rate of their IG units is very high. I'm sorry to tell you, but your warranty has been voided, which is why they are telling you that they can't help you.