Reynolds VS simonton VS World of Windows

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Scott Allen

Reynolds VS simonton VS World of Windows

#1 Post by Scott Allen »

I have gotten a lot of quotes for windows and am looking at the "Prism by Simonton Platinum slider" vs the "Reynolds series 3000 slider" with the World of Windows "Comfort Plus" also added to the mix.
1st, what is the difference with the Simonton Probuilder vs the Simonton Prism Platinum? Is the Prism worth $600 dollars more for 13 windows?
2nd, is the Simonton series better than Reynolds, opinion???
3rd, where do you rate the World of Windows "Comfort Plus window"?

I have 3 contractors, 1 Quoting $4415 for the Simonton Probuilder, another with $5200 for the Simonton Prisim and $4421 for the Reynolds, and the 3rd with $5200 for the World of Windows "Comfort Plus window".

Any assistance with opinions or reasons to pick the better window would be greatly appreciated.
I live in Dallas Texas.

Scott

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

Scott:

I can only comment on the comparison between the two Simonton windows I do not have any knowledge of the other manufacturers listed.

The Prism Platinum is well worth the additional $600.00 it has a much heavier frame and sash with standard low-e/argon insulated glass. Both glass lites will slide with this window.

The ProFinish Builder is the bottom of the line in the ProFinish Series. Frame is on the thin side and one lite is fixed and it needs an upgrade to low-e/argon. I only use this window for replacement in the basement.

Bill