ClimateGuard 4000 windows made in Chicago?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
greglaka

ClimateGuard 4000 windows made in Chicago?

#1 Post by greglaka »

Does anyone have any experience with ClimateGuard 4000 casement windows made in Chicago? They can be found on a website www.remodelerssupply.net or www.remodelerssupply.com and I have a bid from a local contractor to put these windows in our home but have never heard of them before.

Skydawggy

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

I've no experience with ClimateGuard. Can't find them listed on the NFRC website. What reasons did the contractor give you for recommending them?

It appears as if they are a locally made brand. I'd ask for some specs on them ie. vinyl thickness, DP rating etc. I'd also ask if they have any independent ratings or certification such as AAMA.

I am intrigued by the WooD pile fin seal insulation, though. heh, heh.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#3 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Here's a couple of my opinions about buying windows in our market.

First, ...don't buy windows that are advertised in the Sun Times.
DO read this forum and search the archives until you come up with a list of windows that are talked well of here.
Do get quotes for those windows and post your quotes here before signing. We'd be glad to help with our opinions and advice.
Do NOT fall for a "today" only special. Window companies sell windows 365 days a year and today is no different than next week or next month to a
salesman. The price WILL still be there.
Do NOT buy from anyone who can't show you a liability insurance certificate and proof of workmen's comp insurance on their men.
Do make an informed and wise choice. it's not that hard.