Contacted Marvin about the difference between Integrity and

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Paul Tillson

Contacted Marvin about the difference between Integrity and

#1 Post by Paul Tillson »

Infinity windows. They are made of the same material but Marvin says the Infinity is for the replacement market and Integrity is for the new construction market. Can anyone tell me what the difference can be? Thanks in advance.

randy

#2 Post by randy »

I believe that the Infinity is only available in standard sizes, comes with a wood interior and a nailing fin.

The Integrity is custom sized with a fiberglass interior, (unless you upgrade to the option wood veneer interior) and does not have a nailing fin.

My understanding is that the Integrity is a much more impressive window.

JScott will let us know if I'm wrong here, as he is an Integrity dealer in Kentucky.

JScott

#3 Post by JScott »

The infinity is custom sized while integrity is only available in stock sizes. The infinity can be used for new contruction or replacement insert while the integrity only offers 1 frame type. The tilting of the double hungs is different. The original integrity is a wood clad with ultrex product. The integrity new full fiberglass is built to compete with vinyl so no frills. The infinity is available in 4 exterior colors while the integrity is not and so on...wood interior grills are available on the integity wood clad which is not available on the infinity. The infinity has an optional stainable material on the interior.(Randy, I believe you have the two backwards)

Paul Tillson

Randy and JScott

#4 Post by Paul Tillson »

Thank you very much for the information. Do you know if the thermal performance and tightness is the same for these two window lines. I am going to go with double or single hung.

How do you think the Infinity product compares to a thermally broken aluminum window? I ask this because I had a window deal collapse because Alside and Simonton couldn't build a stable window that was 11 feet tall and 6 feet wide. The factories would not build the window and guarantee it. So I am looking for a product that is dimensionally stable.
Last edited by Paul Tillson on Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

randy

#5 Post by randy »

Not surprised. I get them confused all the time, but knew you would straighten me out. Thanks JScott.