Marvin window opinion needed!

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
akasha0

Marvin window opinion needed!

#1 Post by akasha0 »

I have received a quote from Marvin Window & Doors for replacing an 8 ft sliding patio door, 2 double hungs, and one gliding window. While the estimate is a little more than what I was expecting I like their windows the best over what I have seen so far which includes Pella, Champion, and Vytex.

I would like to hear some opinions on the quality of Marvin windows. The double hungs/glider would be Infinity and the patio door would either be Integrity (sliding French door) or extruded aluminum exterior/wood interior door because they say that there is not a slim profile 8 ft Integrity. We would prefer something with a slim profile to let more light in but I like what I have read about their product not warping the way vinyl can. I am not sure about extruded aluminum - I have not read up on that.

This Marvin dealer is in Rockville, MD if anyone knows anything specific about this dealer. I have looked them up on BBB and they look ok. The sales guy was totally no pressure which I really liked.

Should I look at Schuco windows too?

TIA!

Paul Tillson

#2 Post by Paul Tillson »

I built a home here in Dallas in 1997 and put in aluminum clad wood windows by Marvin with an antisolar hear coating. They were fabulous. My AC costs were about 60 percent of what my neighbors had with their aluminum builder windows. I think they were worth every cent.

Ten years is a lot of technological development in the window industry so I would guess everyone is better now but I would do it again if I could afford it.

By the way, if I could afford the Marvins I wouldn't give Schuco the time of day.

The U Factor

#3 Post by The U Factor »

I distribute the Integrity by Marvin. It is a quality product, very attractive and sturdy. I would recommend it strongly.

randy

#4 Post by randy »

U Factor, where are you located?

The U Factor

#5 Post by The U Factor »

Beautiful Northern New Jersey. Why do you ask??

randy

#6 Post by randy »

Just curious. Was hoping you might be in the southern region somewhere.

The U Factor

#7 Post by The U Factor »

randy wrote:Just curious. Was hoping you might be in the southern region somewhere.
well depending on where you are I still may be able to send you direct shipments from Integrity.. They would have to be big orders, but I would give you the message board discount :)

randy

#8 Post by randy »

Houston, TX is a long haul, but that is exactly what I was thinking originally. I have yet to see the product but I am hearing good things about the line. It's kind of amazing that Marvin was apparently able to do, in a very short time, what Milgard and Comfortline have been unable to do for several years.

The U Factor

#9 Post by The U Factor »

it's been a great product for us. My only concern is that if you need one or two to finish a job I don't know if I could get them to you. I'll investigate a little more.

randy

#10 Post by randy »

This is probably a discussion that would be best handled off site.