Schuco windows - Morris windows in NJ

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ineedhelp

Schuco windows - Morris windows in NJ

#1 Post by ineedhelp »

I have already a couple of estimates on the vinyl window replacement jobs from contractors. Now I will be getting an estimate on Vinyl windows from Schuco - Morris Windows in NJ. DOes anyone have experience with Schuco? How do their windows compare with Simonton, BF Rich? Does anyone experience, good or bad with Morris Windows in New Jersey? THey seem liike the only company in the Northern NJ.
Thanks.
:D

windowshopper16

#2 Post by windowshopper16 »

Looks like we're in a similar boat. I've been going nuts comparing wood and vinyl....prices, pros/cons, u-values...ahhhhhh! Going to see the Simonton at Home Depot tonight and I put in a call to Morris also. I wish there were other dealers of Schuco around...they seem to have the monopoly.
I'm interested in Sunrise too (esp. the patio door with blinds between the glass), but can't find a place that sells them.

Reader

#3 Post by Reader »

You might look for others near you in NY. Try calling Schuco and asking for a dealer in Rockland County, NY.

windowshopper16

#4 Post by windowshopper16 »

Good idea! Thanks.

ineedhelp

#5 Post by ineedhelp »

Thanks Windowshopper16.
Did not realize that HD sells Simonton also. Are the windows available to see?

windowshopper16

#6 Post by windowshopper16 »

From my understanding, HD sells the Reflections but NOT the Impressions 9800, which is the one I'm most interested in right now. I BELIEVE you can see the windows there, but I haven't actually gone to look yet. Probably going tonight just to compare Reflections price.

windowshopper16

#7 Post by windowshopper16 »

I went to see the Simonton on display in HD, but didn't like how they seemed to be trying to give it a "wood look"...the vinyl looked streaky to me. Not sure if it's like that on all models or just the HD one.
We are investigating Sunrise and Plygem now.