Now looking at Sunrise and Plygem by Great Lakes replacement

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowshopper16

Now looking at Sunrise and Plygem by Great Lakes replacement

#1 Post by windowshopper16 »

I had no idea how much research would be involved in getting windows! We went to a local place that does windows and doors....they have been around a long time and I liked them a lot...no pressure at all. Just nice friendly service. They do not sell Simonton, but they do sell/install Sunrise and Plygem. I was quoted $471 per windwo for Sunrise, $500 for Plygem (with installation). It seems Plygem has been around longer but SUnrise seems to be a reputable company also. Any input on either? Thank you.

windowshopper16

#2 Post by windowshopper16 »

Now that I'm reading the booklets more in depth it seems the Plygem requires you to "upgrade" to get the better glass...Hi R Plus, Maxxus, etc. I will double check with dealer.

bgodush

Great Lakes Windows

#3 Post by bgodush »

I do not have any personal expereince with Greak Lakes windows, but I have also been doing a lot of research also and have heard nothing but good things about Great Lakes.

I have actually ordered Jeld-Wen, but I am in the process of trying to get some prices on "next step up" type windows. I am trying to get a quote on Great Lakes, but I am afraid they may be more expensive than I want to go. We will only be in our house another 3-4 years, so we are trying to get something basic, but solid, that we will be able to get our money out of.

windowshopper16

#4 Post by windowshopper16 »

I can tell you we were quoted $471 with installation for the SUnrise and $500 for plygem with grids between the panes, low-e glass.