Anyone have photos of the Simonton 9800?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
windowshopper16

Anyone have photos of the Simonton 9800?

#1 Post by windowshopper16 »

I went to see the Reflections 5500 in HD and wasn't thrilled with how they tried to make it have a wood look...does the 9800 have that also? Thanks.

Skydawggy

Re: Anyone have photos of the Simonton 9800?

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

windowshopper16 wrote:I went to see the Reflections 5500 in HD and wasn't thrilled with how they tried to make it have a wood look...does the 9800 have that also? Thanks.
HUH?? First of all, HD carries the 6500, not the 5500. They are similar but cosmetically a little different. Second, what do you mean you didn't like the way they tried to make it have a wood look? What type of look did you expect or want it to have? Most window manuf. design their windows to look like wood because that's what most people want and since HOA's are here to stay, they have to comply with the Architectural Review Committees.

windowshopper16

#3 Post by windowshopper16 »

Thanks for clearing that up. I can't keep all all the numbers straight. I actually had a nightmare about windows last night. In the Sunrise sample we went to see we did not notice any "dark streaks" which is the best way I can describe what I saw on the one in HD. I'd rather have just pure white than something with streaks...if having wood was imperative, I'd get wood. Maybe it was just a bad or damaged sample.

Skydawggy

#4 Post by Skydawggy »

Not sure what you mean by "dark streaks". I can't recall looking at any vinyl window that has dark streaks. Alside is offering a"woodgrain" similar to that of some vinyl siding on the interior of the window. Other than that, I can't really figure out what you mean. All the Simonton lines I'm familiar with are just smooth white or tan vinyl inside and out.

windowshopper16

#5 Post by windowshopper16 »

That is good to know as I really am leaning toward Simonton for quality.