Why do dealers sell certain products and not others?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Paul Tillson

Why do dealers sell certain products and not others?

#1 Post by Paul Tillson »

I am going to be looking at thermally broken windows to do my project this next fall. What I am wondering is why is there no dealer for the Marvin Infinity line in Dallas? It seems like a good product but no one carries it here. What goes into the decision by a dealer to carry one brand over another?

As always, thank you in advance.

FenEx

#2 Post by FenEx »

GREAT question Paul

Many manufacturers offer their products only to companies that meet their guidelines of volume and credentials (credit, reputation, etc.). Others will sell to anyone which is why you will see many of the same brands carried by half of the phonebook.

As for my organization, we select the best of the best in our niche market as we want to be affiliated with that type of product. This selection also includes return on investment and most bang for the buck. For instance, I think spending over $800 for any double hung window is ridiculous... and I don't care what the name is. We also refuse to carry second rate products, again, regardless of the popularity or name recognition to consumers.

You will find that everyone has a different motive.

WindDoze

#3 Post by WindDoze »

My criteria are:
1.) Overall product quality.
2.) Speed of delivery of product -- how long do I have to wait for delivery from the time I place an order.
3.) After installation service policy -- does the manufacturer provide their own service person, or will they reimburse me for my time performing service.
4.) Available product options
5.) Price

Notice where price falls on my list. It is impossible to provide the best of the top four without paying a premium price. We try to provide the best overall value to the homeowner, not the lowest price.