Choices, Choices????

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
linuxogre

Choices, Choices????

#1 Post by linuxogre »

I have bids from three dealer/installers for 17 dh windows. One dealer is pushing Seaway Encore, One is pushing Sunrise Vanguard and the third offers both Gorell and Shuco but is pushing the Gorell 5300 series over the Shuco. Prices range from $8400.00 for the Seaway Encore to $10-11,00 for the other three. After a bid from Pella for 22 grand for wooden windows, vinyl looks better all the time.

I guess my question is are the Vanguard, Gorell and Shuco 3 grand better than the Seaway? All fit into our budget for the job but I am not want to throw money at a name if the function and quality is pretty much the same across the board.

Linuxogre in Lancaster, PA

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

Re: Choices, Choices????

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Who's your schuco dealer out there?

linuxogre

re:choices, choices?

#3 Post by linuxogre »

Sam S. Smucker & Sons Inc, Offices in Ephrata and Lancaster, offered both Gorell and Shuco.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#4 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Thanks. Can't say I known of them.

When I became a Schuco dealer about 4 or 5 years ago, I was at the time a Gorell dealer.
I had heard on the internet about Schuco and was curious, so I had a Schuco factory rep stop by and show me the windows. I really liked what I saw with the Schucos and became a dealer a couple weeks later after they did background and financial responsibility checks on me.
Even though I was now a Schuco dealer and loved the window, I was hesitant to stop showing the Gorell 5300 in my demos because I was so used to selling it. So, I decided to put both the Schuco and the Gorell side by side in my demos for the potential customer to be able to choose which window they wanted. I soon found what an unexpected but great powerful sales tool that was. Having them side by side made the Schuco look even better because you could see the differences in the quality, fit & finish, and looks between the two so much easier.
In all the time I did this with showing both windows in people's homes, not once did someone pick the Gorell over the Schuco.

That's why your dealer's comments perplex me. There must be a Gorell sales promotion or something going on. Maybe if he sells just 60 more Gorell windows he will win a trip to Cancun or something...? That's about the only reason I personally could see someone pushing them over Schuco.

Image+Image
Gorell 5300..............................................................Schuco 4000.

linuxogre

Re: Choices, Choices?

#5 Post by linuxogre »

Thanks for the photos, the weld line on the Shuco certainly looks more finished.