Consumer Report article

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ineedhelp

Consumer Report article

#1 Post by ineedhelp »

Several people have referred to a consumer report article on windows rating. Does anyone know what year & month this article was published? I wanted to get a copy of the article but I can not find anything about it on Consumer Reports website. All I could find is a general article on how to chooose a window.
Thanks.
:)

muscat

#2 Post by muscat »

I have been looking for the same thing, and had the same luck as you. I'm starting to think that the general article is all that there is!

Skydawggy

#3 Post by Skydawggy »

Consumer Reports is not a good source to get information on windows because they only test windows they can buy surrepticiously from a retail store. So all you really get is comparisons from Home Depot, Lowes etc. If you read the comments section, you will see that almost every window they tested had "parts that warped or loosened during the durability tests" Plus in the June 2004 article, they said that nearly every window they have tested developed cold air leaks as the temperature dropped due to vinyl shrinkage and insulation becoming stiff.

ineedhelp

#4 Post by ineedhelp »

Thanks, Skydawggy.