Mobile Home window replacement

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
jazzycat

Mobile Home window replacement

#1 Post by jazzycat »

I'm in the process of getting estimates to replace my windows in my mobile home. So far the the business that installs the Milgard Window have come in the lowest. Next on the list are the Pella windows by Thermastar, which if I go through Lowes will be cheaper than the Milgard but using an installer not associated with Lowes is higher. Then Anlin being the highest. I'm leaning towards the Milgard Windows. Does anyone have an opinion on these windows? I have no specifics about the windows, been trying to research that. Seems to be more to it than just a plain old dual pane window. :? Any help would be appreciated.

Skydawggy

#2 Post by Skydawggy »

Have you actually had someone come out and look at the mobile home and give you an estimate?

The reason I ask is most windows made for a house will not fit in a mobile home because of the differences in wall thickness. Most replacement windows have a 3.25" depth frame.

jazzycat

#3 Post by jazzycat »

Yes I did. The first guy for the Anlin windows came to my home and took measurements. The others I gave them the measurements and made sure they new it was for a mobile home.

RVEXLER

MOBILE HOME WINDOWS

#4 Post by RVEXLER »

We have done a lot of mobile home windows and use the Milgard Styeline window. From the zbar fin inward, it has a frame depth of only 2-5/8".