Marvin Infinity in Southern California?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
rmm

Marvin Infinity in Southern California?

#1 Post by rmm »

I've been lurking here for a while and have found so much helpful information and hope you guys can help me make some decisions, as I'm new to this process. I'm looking to replace 10 double-hung windows in my 1940's bungalow and am trying to maintain some architectural integrity without breaking the bank. Ideally, I love to go with wood windows, but i can't seem to get away with that for under $10,000, installed and my budget is more around $6,000.

I've discovered the Marvin Infinity line, which seem to be a good solution but I can't find them in Southern California. Does anybody know if they are available out here? Or a similar product that can be installed like the retrofit vinyls but have a look of wood in the inside and don't cost a fortune?

I've also looked at the Marvin Ultimate Double-Hung insert, which I really like but the cost of the window negates any savings I'd get on the retrofit installation.

Help!

Paul Tillson

#2 Post by Paul Tillson »

I wish they had a dealer in the Dallas area. They have an Integrity dealer but not an Infinity dealer. Can't figure out why.

rmm

#3 Post by rmm »

Paul Tillson wrote:I wish they had a dealer in the Dallas area. They have an Integrity dealer but not an Infinity dealer. Can't figure out why.
Bummer. I can get the Integrity's here too but the labor cost would be much higher because they would have to stucco them in. I like the retro-fit installation option with the Infinity's.

Does anybody know of a similar product that I can get here in Southern California?

RVEXLER

#4 Post by RVEXLER »

Check out Milgard's Ultra line. It's made from fiberglass, similar to the infinity. Here is a link to a photo of one:

http://www.homeglass.com/afters/GregAdairAfter.jpg