6 windodws, from 3k to 7k

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
fern

6 windodws, from 3k to 7k

#1 Post by fern »

Hello,

I'm new to windows. We bought a home in Southern California in December and have 6 aluminum windows which we are interested in replacing with vinyl. So far I've had 3 estimates, they range so much in price that I don't know who to believe.

All are double pane with either 3/4 or 1 inch space, with argon gas, uv protection, lowE2, lifetime guarantee, transferable, blah blah blah...

They use Polybau windows = $3100

(estimate two) with Home Depot who uses Viplex = $4500

(estimate three) with Sears who uses Simonton = $6700

I'm meeting with All Brand Windows (http://allbrandwindows.com/) and (http://www.mastercraftdoor.com/) this weekend.

Has anybody used any of these and recommend anybody?

KT

#2 Post by KT »

I am having mastercraft doors and windows install my windows
in two weeks
I am having 13 windows and 3 sliders installed for a little over 12,000
all of my estimates were close

Mastercrafters sells Siminton windows this is what I am having installed
The salesman that I am dealing with is BOB

Hope all works out for you

Karen

fern

#3 Post by fern »

Thanks Karen!

I got the quote from AllBrandWindows and it was at $2200.

I also went to Mastercrafters and got a number around $3100

I did a little more research tonight and found out that Allbrandwindows and thewindowbroker are the same/sister company. Their websites are registered to the same person. I wonder if Allbrand had me on file and basically knew what windowbroker quoted me and went below. Something is really fishy with this company. I did more reading and found that many people are dissatisfied with allbrand/thewindowbroker. I think I'm going to stay away from them.

I'll research Mastercrafters a bit more but I think they might be the best bet. They were nice, normal people :)

KT

#4 Post by KT »

Fern
Who did you decedied to go with for your windows

I know when we were looking it took us a while to figure out which
windows and who should we buy from

Karen

fern

#5 Post by fern »

Hi Karen,

We also decided to go with Mastercrafters. Edward was who helped me. He was friendly, seemed honest, and I got a good vibe from the company. We put an order in for the Simonton 7300 series windows.

I didn't feel good about Allbrand even though they had the lowest price.

Mastercrafters is getting exact measurements this week and then it's about a 6 week to get them.

Did you get yours installed? How did it go?

~Fern

NOpolybau

NEVER, EVER GET POLYBAU!!!

#6 Post by NOpolybau »

NEVER, EVER GET POLYBAU WINDOWS, ESPECIALLY FROM THE WINDOW BROKER!!!! as u can see from many of the postings, A LOT of people have been unhappy, including me! they're rude, and say a lot of crap just to sell the product. the installers aren't professionals and if you have any problems or questions, well good luck! i live on a busy street and the noise factor is still very bad! i went to my neighbors who installed Milgard and we can hardly hear ANY noise, i'm not kidding! please, NEVER GO WITH THE WINDOW BROKER or their sister company, you'll be sorry! :evil:

KT

#7 Post by KT »

Fern
Have you had your windows installed Yet

They started to install our windows yesterday and will finish up today
I have already noticed the noise reduction.
The installer that Mastercraft has sent to the house is Kevin he is doing a great job. Working very neat and clean. Willing to answer all of our questions about how they are installing the windows.

I want to thank you to everyone on this board. It has educated me on what to look for when the windows are installed. And Kevin our installer is doing everything correctly based on what I have Learned on this board

Thank You
Karen

Windows(SouthernCA)

#8 Post by Windows(SouthernCA) »

I'm glad your happy with your install its always better shop around and get a good price as well as quality windows. You are very lucky you didnt go with Window Broker. They have a really bad reputation for doing poor quality installs. Polybau is not a bad window at all just that they do a poor job installing it.

windowshopper22

#9 Post by windowshopper22 »

Window Broker & Allbrand are teh same company duping people under 2 names

and many other apople have similar experience.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#10 Post by VRWAdmin »

Windowshopper22,

Will you PLEASE stop these posts on our boards regarding your situation with Allbrand windows. Enough already!! We have repeatedly posted asking you to stop this; we have sent you e-mails requesting constraint.

Your now on your 5th user name, its a drain on our resources and an extreme test of our patience!

DO NOT use our board in a personal fight with a particular window company, we did not create this board for that purpose. We all get it; you had a bad experience with these people. Get a lawyer, don’t pay the final bill, whatever, but do not use us to vent your anger or get restitution.

VRW Admin

USNAT1NC1RET

#11 Post by USNAT1NC1RET »

There are many companies out there that do business under different names. They are usually your lower estimates. Then you have your other companies on the high end...that are usually too much money. Then you have your REPUTABLE window companies...those with a good quality product and a quality install.....those estimates are going to be in line with one another.

If you are looking for the cheapest guy in town do not call out a professional window company. Call one of the many you can find in your local newspaper which advertise windows installed 189.00 or buy 6 windows for 699.00 etc

Or better yet call yourself. go down to the lumber yard, buy a stock size window install it yourself and pay to have it capped or get a couple of 2X4's and bend your own capping.

NO ONE will be cheaper than you doing it yourself!!!

The fact is that PROFESSIONAL window companies will have quality windows (there is only so much you can do to a vinyl window to make it good), and they will have quality installation! There is only ONE right way to install a window! So if you are looking for the best value for your money, call out a QUALITY window company, if you are looking for the cheapest guy in town don't waste a reputable window company's time!

They will never be the cheapest guy in town!