Got quote for Gilkey System 6 windows: good price?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
91BlckGT

Got quote for Gilkey System 6 windows: good price?

#1 Post by 91BlckGT »

Hi,

I've learned a quite a bit from reading over the various posts on this site. Thought I'd register and share my quote experience:

I'm replacing 4 windows, all 35x35 if my house. It's 30 years old, and I live in Dayton, OH.

I'm not quoteing the company here, just the brands to protect the innocent or guilty. ;)

Here's the quotes thus far:

$400 a window from Thermal Industries (these are DL500 w/ performance pack)
$415 a window from Precision Entry (Sugarcreek Industries). These are the Series 300.
$445 a window from Gilkey. These are the System 6.

All three quotes are inclusive (includes install & tax)

These prices seem reasonable to me, with my limited experience. Are they average deals, great deals, bad deals?

Thanks!

91BlckGT

#2 Post by 91BlckGT »

Hate replying to my own thread, but I thought I'd share the resolution:

I also got a quote from Champion for these windows. $515 a window. Nooooo thank you. :)

Gilkey ended up dropping their price for their System 6 window down to $400 a window for me. That's 40% off their very inflated list price.

Ignoring sales gimmicks, that's actually a quite good deal, so I ended up getting 9 windows replaced for $3950, which actually the lowest overall quote of the many salespeople who vied for my business.

Air-tite windows are inferior, btw. I canceled their appointment, so I don't have their laughable quote to compare to.

I'll post back after they're installed to share my experience.