Gorell bow window and r value

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
alexander74

Gorell bow window and r value

#1 Post by alexander74 »

I just had a Gorell dealer at my house for a presentation on 7000 series a bow window and he made several claims about the window having an r value of 10 because of some new laser sealing process. However, I looked a the Gorell website and could find no information to back up his claims. Are they true? The price he quoted me was $4936.00 installed does this seem fair?

Thank you.

Bill

#2 Post by Bill »

The measurement the Gorell dealer salesman is quoting is the center of the glass R factor an area about the size of a quarter. Although this window is very good performer quoting this without an explanation is a bit misleading.

Ask him what the U factor of the window that will appear on the NFRC label, this measures the insulating ability of the entire window. You can take this number and determine the R factor of the complete unit R = 1/U I bet the R factor of the complete windows is about 4.55

Without seeing the installation it is difficult to validate the price.

Bill

alexander74

#3 Post by alexander74 »

Thank you, I will ask him. I don't mind spending the money I just want to know that I am getting a quality window, could you suggest another brand I should consider?