Advanced Window Systems. Is this a good deal?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
azvargas

Advanced Window Systems. Is this a good deal?

#1 Post by azvargas »

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to this board. :D I've been reading some of the posts to get some info on windows. This is my first time ever purchasing windows as I'm a relatively new home owner (bought a condo 2 years ago).

I've gotten 3 quotes so far for the following (I'm in south central CT):

3 - Double Casement windows
2 - Single Casement windows
1 - Awning Window
1 - 3 lite Casement window
1 - 9ft Patio Door
Insulate around windows
Install new inside and outside stops
seal inside and outside with silicone
Full trim around outside casing and sill with aluminum

Themo-Tite Windows = $6700
Advanced Window Systems = $8600
Castle Windows = $10,100

All 3 said they would do the same type of work, but only AWS gave me a fully descript job estimate. Their windows seem to be better than the others, and they seem the most honest. I'm really leaning toward AWS, but I dont know if I should get any more quotes.

I'm also debating whether I should do the windows at all. I'm planning on getting selling my condo in 2-3 years and I dont know if this is a good investment. My windows are in bad shape. They are about 25 years old, made of wood, and they are quite drafty. The patio door's seals broke, so there is so much condensation on 2 of the panes that you cant even see out, and the screen door barely closes. I'm trying to determine if this is a worth while upgrade or am I in some real need of new windows anyway? I can post pics if anyone wants to see.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!