Alside line comparison

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
ecnator

Alside line comparison

#1 Post by ecnator »

I am looking at the http://craftsmanWindows.com website and trying to make sense of the prices I got from their automatic system. Can someone tell me what is the difference between the Ultramaxx and Sheffield lines from Alside? I also emailed them, but I would like an unbiased opinion. Also, the price I was getting was about $425/window installed for the Sheffield line. Is this reasonable pricing?

Thanks in advance.

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

You could also click on the "Request a Quote" box in the upper right hand section of this page and support this site,... instead of their competition.
It's just a thought since many don't know that it is this contractor referral service that makes this great window research site possible.

Mikestl

#3 Post by Mikestl »

I have a similar question regardin the Alside windows. I'm looking at either the Excalibur or the Sheffield. I like the Sheffield, except for one thing, the viewable area is smaller due to the thicker sash and frame. Does anyone have the actual dimensions from the outside of the frame to the inside of the sash for both the Excalibur and the Sheffield?

Just for reference, the cost difference between them is only $400 for a total of 28 windows.

Thanks,