Windows in Virginia

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
vmccann

Windows in Virginia

#1 Post by vmccann »

Can anyone recommend a good window company in southern Virginia?
I am afraid of getting ripped off, as I am sure everyone is. I have 19 windows in my house to replace and I don't want to spend a fortune doing so. I want vinyl, double pane, double hung windows with grids... some are larger than others, of course.
Any suggestions for some good reputable contractors?

Window4U (IL)
Location: Sales and Installation in Chicagoland and Central Illinois

#2 Post by Window4U (IL) »

Virginia is pretty wide so I don't know if they are near you, but the guys at Progressive windows out of Virginia Beach seem real competent. They have a no-pressure sales policy and are really nice. I met them a couple months ago at a convention and feel comfortable enough to recommend them for consideration, (something I rarely do for another dealer). Their emails are:
rbryant@progressivewindowco.com
mhelms@progressivewindowco.com

Now just because I am recommending them doesn't mean you shouldn't be just as prudent in checking them out in every aspect you deem necessary.
Good luck.

Maybe someone else here has some other contractors to consider too.

Tasha

Windows in Virginia

#3 Post by Tasha »

No pressure sales? Now that's refreshing! We just had a really bad experience with a local Alside dealer who thought he knew our family's finances better than we did. Today his company called with a follow-up survey, and when we complained about the salesman's tactics, they offered to give us an "insider" price. Thanks to what I've read on this board, I wasn't the least bit surprised that they called. I think I'll let them come back and then throw them out if I don't like the price. I'm through being polite!

Tasha (unfortunately, in Central Virginia, not Southeast)