Need some help deciding

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Novaboy

Need some help deciding

#1 Post by Novaboy »

I currently have three quotes to replace 8 double hung colonial grids with lowE/argon obscure glass.

The window sizes are:

39x51 (1)
23x34 (3)
34x50 (2)
31x59 (2)

I can get:

Traco- $4738.00
AWS - $4945.00
Gorell - $5582.00

Do those prices sound reasonable? And is there any compelling reason why I should pay a premium for the Gorell? The installers all come highly recommended so I'm not overly concerned about the quality of the work.

fhi windows

#2 Post by fhi windows »

When you refer to "installers" hopefully to actually mean the installation company? Finding a company that will stand behind both the windows and the installation is very important. A good way to test company is to ask them for a few references of customers who had problems with their project. If they say that they have never had any projects with problems send them on their way. Call the customers and ask them questions about the issue resolution process, you should get a good feel for how the company will treat you.

In reference to your question about prices, they all seem fair for "basic installs".