Off Topic: Are there Discussion Boards for Vinyl Siding?

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Jimboramma

#1 Post by Jimboramma »

Sorry to post this here, but I can't seem to find a comparable board to discuss vinyl siding. Does anyone know of one? I know many of the posters here also install siding, so I was hoping you could provide some guidance.

Your feedback on windows has been invaluable and I value many of your opinions. As a result of this board I have recently purchased new Schuco windows; 18 double hung replacements, a new Bay window, and a new Patio slider all are, triple glaze, with double low e. We will be installing vinyl siding once the windows are installed. Until I found this board I knew nothing about windows and although I'm still a novice I believe I've made a good decision and will be happy with my new windows.

I know even less about siding and after looking around the web I still haven’t found a site like this one for to help me with my siding research. I've been looking at Alco Mastic siding simply because someone on this board suggested it and a lot of contractors seem to carry it. Are there high end products more than I would need here in CT? Would the mid-range products be okay? What other brands would you recommend? Do you have any recommendations on where I can continue my research?

Again, I'd like to apologize for posting a siding question on a windows board, but for me it's all part of the same project as my siding contractor will need to wrap my new Schuco windows as my window installer does not install siding.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a siding contractor in the central CT area?

Thank you.

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#2 Post by VRWAdmin »

We do have a siding site that we would be happy to install a discussion board on. Just need some experts to stop by occasionally to post.

We will post the url as soon as its up.

Admin

Jimboramma

#3 Post by Jimboramma »

That's great, is this something you'll be doing any time soon?

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#4 Post by VRWAdmin »

We hope to have it up and running on Monday.

Admin

FenEx

#5 Post by FenEx »

What's the name or addy of the site?

Jimboramma

#6 Post by Jimboramma »

I was just checking to see how you were doing with the siding discussion board?

Also, does anyone know of a discussion board regarding siding or have any recommendations for siding? (see my original post)

Thanks.

FenEx

#7 Post by FenEx »

While they figure out the siding site... What is your question Jim??

jeffzy

Siding

#8 Post by jeffzy »

Jimboramma, I should be getting my siding done within a few months and plan on getting the Crane SolidCore siding. From pictures the siding looks great and is more dent resitant than non insulated siding. Although it is about 30% more in cost than uninsulated siding. Maybe Fenex can comment on the Solidcore siding. If I get it done sooner, I will be happy to post pictures and my experience.

Jimboramma

#9 Post by Jimboramma »

It appears the new forum is up... I'm currently trying to locate a siding contractor in CT and am also looking for recommendations for siding products. I know that many of the forum members from this site also do siding and was hoping to benefit from your experience.

http://www.new-siding.com/forum/

VRWAdmin
Site Admin

#10 Post by VRWAdmin »

The forum is up and we cordially invite all to participate. Hopefully we can create a place for consumers to ask questions and get advice on siding issues.

http://www.new-siding.com/forum/

Win-Admin