ANY FEEDBACK ON INTERSTATE WINDOWS??

For all those Replacement Window decisions - just read, review or post a question. You will be helped!
Philly Dave

ANY FEEDBACK ON INTERSTATE WINDOWS??

#1 Post by Philly Dave »

I requested a quote over on Tim's discussion board and interviewed the dealer that replied. Nice guy, soft approach....after doing some digging I found out that that particular dealer has a very shady background, and that's being kind. However I thought the windows they were selling seemed somewhat impressive, so I am going to interview another dealer. But the thing is the windows are made by Interstate, which I have never heard of in all of the research that I have done. I am also going to look at Gorell and Schuco but would appreciate it anyone has any feedback on the Interstate windows.

SteveP

#2 Post by SteveP »

I recently had Interstate DH windows and a patio door installed. I would rate them as a nice product BUT I used an installer through Interstates installer program they offer and it hasn't worked out well. There is an install problem and Interstate has tried to resolve it with the installer without any positive results. Installer just doesn't care. As for Interstate they have made attempt to help resolve the problems but they seem to have even dropped the ball also. Doesn't seem to me they are standing behind their product. If you would like more details on the installer and Interstate feel free to email me your phone number and I'd be happy to call you and give you the details so you can make an educated descission

Philly Dave

#3 Post by Philly Dave »

SteveP thanks for the reply. I'm not to adept at using this forum so I don't know of any way to get your email address here. But if I were to go with Interstate the dealer I would use is right here in Philly. I'm not sure how big their territory is, they are a small home improvement company. I wonder if you had the shady guys that I referred to in my post. I think the salesman said they also service parts of NJ. Am I allowed to say their initials are CW&M here? It does sound to me like your problem is the installation and not the quality of the window, but I think I might be moving away from Interstate anyway. Mostly because I have seen a whole lot of feedback on the other brands, and none on Interstate. I was hoping to hear from some of the pros saying either, "Oh yeah, those are excellent windows" or "Whoa there Nellie, stay away!" but haven't heard one way or the other from them. So I think it might be safer just to stick with one of the ones that I've heard I probably can't go wrong with.

How long have you had the windows? Have you been through a winter with them yet? I guess with the bad installation you wouldn't really be able to tell how good or not so good they are anyway??